Bob Sapp
Last night I was exhausted, and all I wanted to do was go to sleep... until something even more incredible than sleep caught my eye. As I flipped through some cable, I landed upon Eurosport where the event was K-1 fighting, a lot like kickboxing except where people literally almost kill each other. It was cool at first, with mostly very athletic, tall Asian guys doing something that was like martial arts. To give a reference, most of these guys are approximately maybe 200-225 pounds and maybe a bit over 6 feet tall...
Then, Bob Sapp came in... About 6'6" and over 350 pounds. A monster. When Bob Sapp fights, technique is little issue against those who he outweighs by 150 pounds. He just charges immediately with fists flying. And it's not so much his fists as using his tree trunk like arms as a heavy blunt object. After a few huge hits, he'll usually corner his opponent and just beat him relentlessly with an occasional knee to the face. Usually they are knocked out in the first round.
Even in the championship, he outweighed the Japanese guy by about 150 lb. But this guy was different. A masochist. He got cornered on two separate occasions, took dozens of direct hits to the face and several knees. After a pummeling that would have killed most men, he smiled and congratulated Sapp on some good hits with broken teeth and a bloody smile. I've never seen a man take a beating like that.
However, Sapp did win the championship, and yelled, in a voice like Satan, "Hahaha. The beast is back... with new technique and stamina. Hahaha."
Anyway, the punchline is that you don't want to miss this guy fight. He's insane and bigger than anyone I've ever seen. Also, he's Warren Sapp's brother.
Bob Sapp giving his crazy look
Sapp holding his unconscious opponent's head up so he can fool the ref and get a few more shots in.

1 Comments:
Stephen and I wound the perfect cells the other day. And before that, he decided that my new name should be C-Clamp. This is because he was trying to do something, and I offered to hold it saying "Let me hold that, I am a human vise". Then he says "Oh yea, then where is your crank." Then I say, "I'd show you, but it only makes my pants tight, not my hands". Get it. It is a sexual joke.
Post a Comment
<< Home