Funniest day of my life.
So, anyway, the Greenfield country-western festival in Interlaken was everything I could have ever hoped for and more. I was just beaming from the second we left the house because I just could feel the fun emanating from the region.
To start Elvina and Peter got totally decked out in cowboy gear, shown below. Just great.
Second, when we got there, I saw this tobacco stand, pictured below. I really wish I could just leave the picture stand with no words, but I have to translate. The sign in the window says "Kinder bis 16 Jahre Gratis!!!" This means "Children up to 16 years old free!!!"
So besides the general everything, what was awesome about the Greenfield festival?
1. Swiss people singing American country songs with pretend American accents which sounds hilarious to us Americans.
2. Swiss people decked out in the most elaborate cowboy costumes imaginable, and some reminiscent of Marty McFly in BTTF III.
3. Swiss people line dancing to everything including rock and blues music.
4. Some drunk guy wandering behind a fence by some trailers where he wasn't supposed to be with his pants down. Some angry man dragged him by his pulled down pants across some sharp gravel. Then vicious hilarity ensued.
5. Drunk, passed out people getting wheeled around on hand trucks.
6. Some crazy three wheeled motorcycled with 3 people on it pretending to be hardcore but blasting Celine Dion.
7. Peter got wasted.
8. This thing below...
I also had some really excellent political discussion with Barbara, Peter and Elvina's daughter, and we talked for a solid two hours, but that is rather unexciting to write about. If you are interested in Swiss perception of America, etc., I'd be happy to entertain questions on a one-on-one basis.

2 Comments:
Ben! Glad you didn't die! We missed you on the 4th, Chicago heat and all ... cowboys are cool, so I bet swiss cowboys are extra cool. And at least they let kids smoke free. Send me your phone # when you get a chance, if you have a cell there ... miss you lots :)
you gonna be home for christmas...i freaking start rectals and pelvic exams in 2 weeks..i need to be reminded that im not grown up...and PLUS we really need to catch up...ooo how professional was that?...im currently buzzed on tylenol cold
-miss you! bales
Post a Comment
<< Home