Wrecked again.
Since I've had a lot of red wine and beer to drink I'll make this short, so I can post some pictures and give an update on this weekend. I realize that mountains are getting a little old, so I'll stop posting the same old pictures soon. In a couple weeks I'll go to Germany and the next week to Istanbul, so that should be a change of scenery. The following picture will be mountain-related however.
So... yesterday I went with the Balzli's to their oldest daughter's house to meet her and help her move. Seinfeld would consider this the equivalent of going all the way on the first date. I would agree. I ended up carrying some heavy things, but I mostly assembled some IKEA furniture and flaunting the skills inherent of American engineering. Take that you Swiss, though I'm pretty sure it was a Swiss guy who provided one of the greatest engineering "burns" of all time. Short aside... Some guy engineered the world's thinnest wire. Some Swiss guy takes the wire, drills an even tinier microscopic hole in it and sends it back. How frickin terrible would that be to have this big party because you created some super tiny wire, then some asshole drills a hole in it... But I digress. So the moving wasn't terribly exciting except that afterwards I got to throw old couches and chairs into a big dumpster from the back of a truck. Oh yeah, and once I sawr a blimp.
Today was another hardcore day with Elvina. We got up at 6ish and went up to the mountains to do a strenuous hike. She doesn't go that fast, but she never stops. I repeat, she's 61 and very hardcore. She's chiseled. The hike lasted about 6 hours and was one vertical mile. Then I fell I swam in ice cold water at the Oeschingin See (lake), as pictured below. Peter caught us some delicious rainbow trout and perch during our hike, consumed for dinner with our large amounts of red wine and beer.
I won't describe the hike, but leave the pictures to speak for themselves. The only thing I can say is that I need some magical cannabis ointment for my knees and achilles right now.
I hope you Chicago area people are surviving the heat. Looks like I got out of there just in time.
Oeschingen See
Glacier
Me in freakin cold water (I spent thirty minutes in there to "ice" very sore knees"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home