Sorry for the Uncoolness
I apologize for being MIA for so long. I've been really pissed off lately, and part of it, I believe, is a lack of blogging. So it's time to stop the blogging hiatus and jump right back into this thing. And since I know you, the readers, have ceased to exist, I can freely write about whatever I think or feel.... regardless of perceived craziness.
To warm me up, I'll talk about tonight. I went out for some dinner with some dear friends in the GE department, we ate some Mexican food, drank a couple pitchers of margarita, left the place, and drank a glass of delicious Yellow Tail Shiraz (red wine). By this time, I'm fairly buzzed. Then, my roommate Brian and I headed to the Cowboy Monkey for a concert by Mer, a really good folk/alternative singer. Stayed there a couple hours and headed back to someone's apartment, played some drinking games, and guess who shows up. Oh yeah, it was Mer. A he introduced himself as Mer. And when I left, he totally remembered my name. It was kick ass... especially if I was a high school kid who loved anyone who resembled fame. In any case, it was a good way to feel a little better about a really shitty stressful week.
My little bit of political commentary for the week. Since when does President Bush need to convince Congress that his Supreme Court nominee is "conservative enough" for the Supreme Court. First of all, he should be convincing people that she's not conservative and that her political views are nonexistent. That she will not be inserting personal opinion, but instead strictly interpretting the Constitution. Secondly, George Bush is conservative, very conservative. Why would we expect anything less of him than to choose an openly religious and conservative candidate? She's from Texas, for God's sake! I have some other issues with Harriet Miers... She looks like the living dead when she's nominated; what will she look like in 10 years? She'll make Ruth Bader Ginsburg look like a prized pig, that's what. Also, she's never been a judge, never argued a case in front of the Supreme Court, and actually, she's only argued a couple appellate cases. But wait! She was in charge of the Texas state lottery commission when Bush was governer.
Well, in case this entry was totally boring, click here for some really funny comics in the pbf archives. Trust me, if you and I have anything in common, you will enjoy these. Just give it a little chance and read a few.
Hopefully, I will start writing more often now. Bon soir.

3 Comments:
Boo. I gave you the special gift of PBF, and you waste it on these heathens and idealists.
Hi Ben,
I still check your blog for updates and I enjoyed the comics. Well, except the woman having sex with the monkey. That's just gross. :-P
Laura
Dear Laura, thank you for keeping my blog readership at a healthy 2. Hope you are doing great.
Post a Comment
<< Home