Friday, June 03, 2005

Impending Adventure

Hey Everyone,
Sorry I haven't checked in lately. I've gotten kind of lazy and temporarily lost the golden writing touch. I assure you this was only temporary. Though nothing has materialized in posts, I assure you the stories are piling on for a streak... There are a number of good San Francisco stories from a couple weeks ago that are sure to crack a smile on that stone-walled face of yours.
For a life update, as some of you may know, I was very recented accepted to an internship in Frutigen, Switzerland for the summer. I had to book tix immediately, and I will be flying out on June 15th already. Frutigen is located almost dead center in Switzerland, very close to Interlaken, the extreme sports capital of the world. I cordially invite all you little travelers to come out to visit. I say "all" because I know that most of you will not be able to come. If you "all" decide to come, I may need to outsource your lodging.
I plan on sending some e-mails too, but this blog will be my primarily medium for relaying hilarious "Swiss do the darndest things" stories. Also, I know ahead of time that the visa stuff is going to be crazy. Because I was only told two weeks ahead of time that I got my internship, there's almost no way for the work visa to be ready by the time of my arrival. Therefore, to avoid violation of Swiss law and subsequent deportation, I have to enter Switzerland as a tourist, pick up my visa at a Swiss embassy in another country (likely Mulhouse, France), then return as a worker... Bureaucratic BS. I plan on having some wacky adventures in the Alsace-Lorraine. One of my tasks that I'm charging myself with will be to loudly proclaim in German that I'm reclaiming that land for my homeland. More will follow.
It's no coincidence that I haven't mentioned my position with Wandfluh AG, a valve company. It's something with designing a burst pressure test and oil hydraulics, neither of which do I have any background knowledge with, nor do I care. Below is a picture of Frutigen, and you'll see why I'm so indifferent.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyway, stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home