Friday, April 01, 2005

I'm a Rageoholic!

Tonight was pretty awesome! I drove home from the Transportation building after writing a law paper ready to unwind and watch a little TV. But what do I find? An inconsiderate person has parked in my spot on the street and left me no way to contact them. If I'm ever forced to use somebody's spot, I always leave a note on the dash with phone number and my apartment location. So I drove into the parking lot under the building. As I was turning into a spot, I failed to effectively negotiate the vehicle past a large concrete pillar, which happens to protrude about 1 foot within the lines of the space. The result was a loud jarring collision, which I was sure completely annihilated my bumper. It turned to not be terrible though. I smashed out my blinker and scratched up the bumper pretty bad, but at least there's no structural damage. In the end, it shouldn't cost more than 50 bucks, so I'll be all right.
I can't blame the event on anyone but myself, but I sure would like to give some credit to the person who distracted my attention. I can't tow her (I'm fairly sure it's a girl because of a sparkly crescent moon hanging from the rear-view mirror, because a) I feel bad about it and b) I fear reprisal. It's not like there's any question about who towed you, and I'm pretty sure people don't enjoy being towed. Therefore, if you're totally pissed one night and you have a rock in hand, not quite sure what to do with it, then you see a car in the spot you were towed from, where do you think that rock is gonna go? Right through my windshield...
The thing that burns me is that 3 hours after I put a note on that windshield requesting the vehicle's removal, it still sits there mocking me, taunting me, as if to say, "Ha ha, I smashed up your car and I don't even give a shit."
I also knocked on every apartment door looking for the owner, to no avail. Luckily, one guy said his roommate was gone for the night, and I could use the spot. At least I can sleep tonight, I guess. But I'm still full of rage and addicted to rageohol.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home