Mark my words, I'm coming back chiseled.
Hey everyone! I'm in Switzerland, and it's pretty sweet. Before I get to the less interesting but possibly more hilarious stuff, I'll start by explaining the title...(by the way, please excuse any spelling errors because this keyboard is totally jacked up. I'm not lying when I say that a few keys have five characters printed on them. How and why, I do not know).
So here's why... I'm staying with a husband and wife who are about 55 and 60 respectively. I've always considered myself to be in relatively good shape, but these borderline elderly swiss people can definitely own me I'd guess. They do like every sport I can imagine doing here, and you can tell by their physiques that they do them well. I'm about to find out just how well tomorrow... I'm doing a mountain-biking scavenger hunt tomorrow with Peter, the husband, with a free T-shirt at stake if we reach a certain number of points. People have 6 hours each of two days to try to complete it, but he suggested that maybe he and I should try to finish it in one day, depending on how we're feeling, suggesting that we can stop whenever I feel tired. These people, Peter and Elvina, are extremely nice and accomodating, but they have been dissing the American level of physical fitness ever since I arrived here, so now this is a matter of American pride. I pledge not to stop until I collapse or if the old man stops. I promise this. Just like the great American hero Arnold Schwarzeneggar...
I went running in the mountains today and made it 3 miles tops. I almost died. They kept trying to convince me it wasn't my physically condition, but instead high altitude, jet lag, lack of sleep, a hard day's work, etc. This only enraged me further. Elvina wants to run with me as soon as she gets rid of a severe cold in a day or two...in a day or two. If she owns me, I'll be forced to drown myself in one of their pristine mountain streams as a sign of respect to my nation. Oh who am I kidding, some ripped swiss guy would pull me out heroically and I would end up even more of a mockery.
Oh well, now I'll end this post and tell you about work later...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home