Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Feel the Warmth

Who needs tropical spring break trips when I've got 50's in Chambana mid-February...
Some quick life updates before I get into the meat of the passage (which I'm totally going to be winging). I took the LSAT on Saturday, and I don't think I did as well as I could have, so I'm going to cancel the score. (Scores get averaged if you take more than one). I tenaciously hold onto the Berkeley Law dream at this point, though I should probably go out and visit before idealizing it so much. Currently I'm trying to pull off a 3-city tour for spring break between Chicago, San Francisco, and Orlando, but the lateness of me deciding so may preclude it.
One other incredible thing I learned on Valentine's Day that will thrill all you guys with girlfriends that hate spending money...

Aldi is your one-stop flower shop. Where most places will charge you $3.50 for a single rose and $30 or more for a dozen, Aldi maintains its everyday low price of $2.99 for a half dozen!!! And in the case of the Aldi in Champaign, the flowers are actually better quality than most other places. Geez, I wish I would've found this out a few years ago...

In international news, there was a massive bombing in Lebanon yesterday, killing the former prime minister there. The Syrians have been accused of harboring terrorists as a result, and the U.S. ambassador is being pulled out of there.

CNN story: [Two key members of the U.S. Senate expressed support for the ambassador's recall. "I think perhaps tightening the screws somewhat more would be appropriate," said Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas. "Everything indicates that Syria is harboring terrorists."]

Tightening the screws? I'm pretty sure that means bombs, and lots of 'em... Especially from a Texan named Kay Bailey Hutchison.

My official prediction: The United States will drop at least one bomb in Syria, Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan sometime between May and August of this year.

I apologize for the lack of "funny" in this post. I'll find some random hilarious crap to post up here soon. That said I wish you all a wonderful day. Enjoy the warm weather if you're local to Chambana. If it's always warm where you are, I hate you. If it's cold where you are, ha ha, it sucks to be you! In both cases, I think Willie Nelson has a little something he wants to say to you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home