Monday, February 07, 2005

Final Countdown (Part One)

(imagine "Final Countdown" by Europe is playing in the background)

I take the LSAT exam on Saturday, though I'm only remotely prepared for it.
I'm writing to relieve stress as the weight of the world presses down upon me...
No problem, though. As I wrote in previous posts, I've been in Baltimore at the IAESTE national conference and had a killer time, much better than expected. Let me attempt to recap in the most amusing way possible...

So the thing about driving large van to a conference in Baltimore is that it only works when the first driver doesn't deactivate 3 alarms + silence her phone to oversleep. Leave that to our illustrious chapter President, Sabina (sorry Sabina, if you read this, and please don't fire me). Luckily, I didn't wait outside in the 10 degree weather for an hour before the pickups began. Others fared worse.

In any case, no one froze to death, and every remained in relatively high spirits. We were all entertained by a seedy truck stop with machines in the bathroom for purchase of an "exquistite replica of Calvin Klein's Obsession". Also available: Eternity, Brut, and several others. "Caution: Do not look directly into nozzle during dispensation."
I didn't have a quarter, but I was able to buy a delightfully witty sign for the window of our party van: "Is there life after death? If you mess with my truck, you'll find out!"

Then a lot of nothing happened... until Ohio when it was mine turn to shine and harness the mighty power of the van and lead it through the plentiful curves and substantial hills of the Penna Turnpike with the agility of a jungle cat. The turnpike pushed back, with high valley winds, thick fog, and heavy snow. Unfortunately for the TP, to no avail. We arrived safely in Baltimore, despite a near wedging between concrete wall and Large Marge (had to insert random Pee Wee reference).

As I am too sleepy to continue, I will bid you, loyal reader, adieu. You may anxiously await the next installment of IAESTE national conference recap, sure to be soon. Stay tuned...




1 Comments:

Blogger Pohrte said...

I was wondering why you woke up up talking loudly on the phone about picking people up, you jackass.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home