Final Countdown (part deux)
I just realized, or at least moreso realized, that probably no one really gives a crap about my weekend in Baltimore...
Anyway, to keep it short, it was an awesome time, and I hardly slept at all. Now I'm stuck with days of backed up homework as a result, plus the LSAT practice. Luckily, I discovered a stash of prime Korean Red in my kitchen (ginseng, that is). Korean Red kicks the crap out of Panax or Siberian. It's like the Maui Wowie of ginseng.
Anyway, my "chronic" put me in the perfect mood for reading the most entertaining law case of all time, "Jeffrey M. Stambovsky vs. Helen V. Ackley et al. (1991)" The gist of the case is that Stambovsky wants to reclaim a $32,500 security deposit because his house was inhabited by a poltergeist that the seller failed to mention.
I found out that New York judges are hilarious, and love to make spectre-related puns. Some great quotes include, "[though] plaintiff hasn't a 'ghost' of a chance, I am nevertheless moved by the 'spirit' of equity".
One of the other judges ripped off some huge biting cracks, as follows:
"the notion that a haunting is a condition which can and should be ascertained upon reasonable inspection of the premises is a hobgoblin which should be exorcised from the body of legal precedent and laid quietly to rest."
I no longer have any reservations about the legal field, knowing that everyone's so fun. Yay! I bet they put together some awesome keggers too. I heard Ruth Bader Ginsburg did a 45 second kegstand just last weekend. Wish I could've been there...
Ruth Bader Ginsburg

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home