Zen
It's game time now. Only 13 hours til the big LSAT test. It's too bad I didn't decide I wanted to go to law school until a couple months ago. I could've dropped a couple G's on the prep classes like other people. If I botch it, I can go for a position with Anheuser-Busch in St. Louis. According to Mike Brunetto, a senior marketing manager there who spoke to our General Engineering senior seminar, they are looking specifically looking for GE's like myself. Unfortunately, I dislike the product and the commercials for the most part. The guy was funny though... Apparently, he hasn't drunk a non-AB product since 1984, when he started working there. "Don't you miss the taste?", chimes in one of the seminar students. He confusingly answers, "What??!... Oh...", (as if he just realized that the product is terrible and he's been duped for the past 20+ years). Shame on Anheuser-Busch for tarnishing the fine name that was Budvar, the czechish Budweiser! Perhaps this is the reason Mr. Brunetto only drinks Bud products.
The crowd commentary for that class is one of the best I've experienced throughout school. As an activity, we were once asked to describe the characteristics of the best team member we've ever had, one girl yells "Fat!", another yells "Handsome!". Likewise, the number one negative characteristic was "smelly".
Also in the news today, I had to present a paper in my "Tourism and Anthropology" class today, which was basically just a farse about a trip I took to Barcelona a couple years back, unbeknownst to the others. Unfortunately, my light-hearted tale followed one told by another girl whose travel experience was to Washington D.C. to see a neurosurgeon about a possible aneurysm. Apparently, see got a severe pain behind her eye during the flight, thought it was the aneurysm bursting and that she would die soon. She was immediately rushed to the hospital in D.C. upon landing... It turned out not to be bleeding, but she had to take a precautionary spinal tap, which afforded her the opportunity for great difficulty and blinding pain.
A real heart warmer...

1 Comments:
I had a spinal tap once when I was 4. I don't really remember it, but apparently it wasn't cool. My dad had to help hold me down as they jammed a giant needle into my back. A few years later my dad got to have a spinal tap of his own. Sweet.
Post a Comment
<< Home