Ouch
I just sustained an atomic karate chop to the spinal cord while playing basketball, so I decided it might be a good time to blog. I'm hoping the hemorraging will give me some trippy new insights.
I've got some numbing of the extremities and this weird clicking sound in the back of my head. I'm either dying or the government decided to handicap me as a matter of equity. If you think that a bunch of nonsense, just read this thought-provoking Kurt Vonnegut short story.
I stole this from Brian's blog, but I'm increasing his readership, so he can LMAA (German phrase).
Speaking of Germany, most of you already know I'm heading to Bremen this summer (and possibly fall) to work for Airbus. And I'm not telling you again (you know who you are), I'm not working with the National Socialist Workers Party. That's offensive and you should be ashamed!
Bremen's really close to the Netherlands, so if anyone wants to meet in Amsterdam...(wink wink nudge nudge)...that would be sweet and I can probably give you a place to stay for awhile, provided that I like you and you don't totally suck.
In the news... Hunter S. Thompson, who recently committed suicide, will have his ashes blown out of a cannon. (Sorry, that sounds like I'm trivializing his death, which I'm not trying to do...but he WAS a nutcase, from a traditional standpoint). For those of you who aren't familiar with the name, you've probably heard of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas". If you've read the book or watched the movie, you probably have an idea why all the above have occurred.
This totally reminds me of that hippie drug addict Timothy Leary who died a few years back and wanted to have his ashes blasted into space. Not sure if it actually happened, but I bet it did. Leary was also really pumped up to die his last few years because apparently your brain goes absolutely nuts when you die and all the neurons fire, or something like that. (I'm not sure if everything I'm saying is true, so if I'm wrong, you all can call me on it)
I should really get off the topic of death, but now I just got to thinking of my own funeral. I've told people in the past that it better not be sad, rather a party. My friend Nick is bringing the beachball. I don't think that's good enough... Maybe it should be another techno dance party. It couldn't possibly bomb worse than the one last fall, though I shouldn't say that because those in attendance keep telling me how awesome it was.
I'm still taking suggestions for the theme of the party this April... It will be great, I promise. We already have some surprises up our sleeves, besides another perfectly engineered, seamless playlist.

6 Comments:
How about a go big or go home theme. With some bad ass breakdancer.
sounds good. i'd be happy to incorporate that theme, though I would like to add some extra artistic complexity.
Hey you'll come to Germany?? :-)
Das stimmt, Stephie. Und dann bin ich nur eine Stunde per Zug von Hamburg. Sehen wir uns bald! Ich hoffe, dass alles bei dir wunderbar ist. Ciao.
Wow! Ich freu mich! Wir muessen uns treffen!!! Habe dich so lange nicht mehr gesehen! Wie lange bleibst du in Bremen? Ciao
entweder 3 monate oder 6. Ich fange wahrscheinlich am Ende Mai an.
Post a Comment
<< Home