Killing Time
It is oh so difficult to start working after a mind-dulling week of spring break, so I'll try to jar the words free from my brain with a blog entry. As you know if you've been reading, I just took a road trip with my family to Orlando, Florida. And yes, it was for the purpose of going to theme parks. And no, I don't have any siblings under the age of 19. Everything on this trip made for a typical Kaun vacation. Extreme 17 hour driving days... Extreme spending 15 straight hours at Disney
World and 13 straight hours at Universal Studios (only because it's not open as late). Extreme 5-6 hours of sleep each night... Extreme $3.99 breakfast buffets and Checkers bacon cheeseburgers at 11pm as the only meals of the day...
This is absolutely the norm for our vacations, always intense and never relaxing. I feel sorry for my future family, because I'll probably keep some of these tendencies. I'm mellowing out though, applying the principles of proactivity from "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" to my daily life. I realize extreme vacations may not be for everyone.
The vacation was fun and hilarious, which usually happens when my brother and I spend time together and laugh at everything. Unfortunately, I can't remember too many funny things right now, except a couple T-shirts that I saw that made me laugh.
1. At EPCOT center, there was about a 10-year-old girl with one of those "I dated Ashton" shirts. That was pretty funny, but it could've been funnier. I think I'll buy the same shirt for my 76-year-old grandmother.
2. An attractive man with another man wearing a form-fitting T-shirt that said "Sorry, I don't do girls." Once again, would've been funnier if the guy was straight, which he may have been... but if he was, he was doing a damn fine job of concealing it.
By the way, Disney World is really creepy now that I'm old enough to understand the brainwashing...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home