Sorry I'm so Lame
Infinite apologies for my last week of sloth and inability to post. I only hope there's some way that I can make it up to you... Actually, it's sad if I'm really your only source of entertainment, so I guess in a way it was just a test for you. I hope you've really had some breakthroughs in the past week, and that you are becoming stronger and more independent with each passing hour.
A recap of this week:
I think the whole first half of the week I was just straight up doing homework. It was ok, I think, but I can't really remember. You see, I have this addiction that really warps out my head. You can probably guess what it is that I'm talking about.... That's right, coffee. With Korean Red Ginseng supplies low, I've been forced to look to the Dark Lord of Bitterness for guidance. In the past 2 weeks, my addiction has spiraled out of control, in some cases consuming 4-6 cups in a single day. I suspect my closest friends are scheduling an intervention for me, or at least they would if they even cared the slightest bit for me. (I hope they know that beer is the only true methadone for coffee addiction. wink wink.)
Yesterday and today was Engineering Open House (EOH). For those of you who don't know about it, it's totally sweet for engineers and non-engineers alike, though obviously much more fun for engineers. I helped to run an "egg drop" exhibit for children, or at least those who consider themselves children, my roommates for example. Look for Brian, Jeremy, and I in one of the next issues of the Champaign News-Gazette, because the photographer was going nuts, clicking dozens of pictures during the construction of Brian's structure. It was a crazy inverted screw with pink wings. He demanded the last sheet of pink paper. I am pretty sure the photographer/reporter was more attracted to Brian's extreme intensity regarding the project, reminiscent of Homer Simpson when he enters the "Design a Power Plant" contest. Unfortunately, the Egg Drop Contest had no available elbow macaroni or glue-on sparkles...
This was the second design contest that Brian and I performed for the purpose of promoting Sudan Relief. This is a chance for us to educate the public, so that they can realize the magnitude of the genocide in Sudan. The egg represented the innocent victims and we were just trying to create something to protect them. This is not unlike the first project for Sudanese awareness where I built a structure to hold against "the pneumatic piston of oppression". Below is a photo from that fateful day... We held out pretty well, but the structure gave way after adding 114 lbs of force on a structure that weighed only 19 grams. With more support for the people of Darfur, I'm sure we can continue to improve and eventually triumph over the evil.

1 Comments:
I do not endorse this product.
Post a Comment
<< Home